Saturday, April 25, 2009

Travel Story-Pisco, Peru #4 'Isla Ballestas'


Since leaving New York, the fifth day I leaved Lima to Pisco to see ‘Islas Ballestas’ which is Ballesta island. After bus, running early morning, dropped me ica stop, I got scared because this place was attacked by serious earthquake which killed about eight hundred people and ruined all of the place, so there was nothing but wracked house and some taxi driver who will drive tourist to the island. While I was taking taxi, I was still scared due to my terrible guess that what if he drive me some other place. But after 30mins, I got ‘Islas Bellestas’
After price negotiation of the ship-tour, I met other group which I have the tour together. So, our group for the tour was the tourist group from Belgium and me from Korea. But the problem was guide because he explained everything in Belgium language. Before the negotiation, the agent said there is English tour guide, but he is from Belgium, so since he met the group he only enjoyed what he guided in his language. Finally he explained me, saying ‘this is penguins.’ I said in my mind, ‘what? I know that!’.. Actually the place was not what I like, so I could be excused the situation. The only thing that I minded is the village not the tour place. Since the fatal earthquake, the poor village was still remaining destructed. I hoped this place get back their fame of the beautiful island.

No comments:

Post a Comment