Monday, April 27, 2009

Travel Story - Ica, Peru #5- Huacachina















The Accident!!!





After tour Ballestas, I moved to Huachachina in Ica, which famous for the desert and oasis. For the backpackers, this place is where they relax and experience desert which is boogie tour that running on the rough mountain desert with a jeep and sand-boarding on sand valley. That is one of the funniest entertain activity in Peru, and even weather is great rather than Lima where I had kind of homesick because of gloomy wet weather.However, something that I never forget happened while boogie tour! The tour is after gathering eleven people per a jeep, riding rough sand dune and them dropping them off sand valley to do sand-boarding. It usually three times sand boarding on higher and higher valley. The last one, suddenly, I started to roll up on the really high valley with board. It was almost five times according to one of the group travelers who saw me. While rolling up, the board hit my nose, my face was burn with friction with sand, and had so many scratch. Of course, all my body was painful with bruises. When I was stopped, my face was covered with blood. It was really scared moment. The tour guide could not help wiping my blood on my face and driving back to hostel. Our tour had to be stopped because of my accident. At the hostel, I was a very famous girl for the accident. Everyone was trying to help me out and to take care about me. Yes, I was a star then there!Therefore, I had to go back to Lima for the hospital and to decide if I would keep going my travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment